Terms and Conditions
www.highriver.ca and associated Websites (collectively referred to as the “Websites”) are managed by the Town of High River. The Town of High River offers this service to human resources seeking staffing resources to match with those seeking employment. The Town of High River requires that you (the “User”) agree to these terms and conditions of use. Carefully read all of the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions please do not continue browsing the Websites.
BY CONTINUING TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITES, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED USES
- The Town of High River grants you, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download one copy of the Websites content for the limited purpose of accessing, viewing and using the Websites through internet browser software.
- This Websites may not be used to upload to, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any content which is:
- unlawful, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening, invasive, abusive, defamatory, libelous, hateful, encourages criminal conduct or is in any way objectionable;
- an infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to a violation of anyone's copyrights or trademarks;
- in violation of any applicable law, advocating illegal activity, or advertising or otherwise soliciting funds or is a solicitation for goods or services;
- incomplete, contains false information or is not entirely your own, or for which you do not have full rights to use; or
- gathered for the purpose of selling employer, potential employee or user data.
- Users of the Websites shall not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Websites; without limiting the foregoing, Users agree not to:
- send to other users, potential employees or employers unsolicited email, spam, promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Websites or the underlying system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- submit a virus or malicious code to the Websites, overload, or cause the Websites to crash. Any violations of this kind will be investigated, and The Town of High River will take the necessary steps to work with enforcement authorities to prosecute such violations;
- engage in any activity that is considered, in the sole discretion of The Town of High River, to restrict or inhibit any other User from their normal intended use of the Websites.
- SUBMISSIONS BY USERS
Users of Websites agree that any material, including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information, provided by Users in the form of email or submissions to The Town of High River, or postings on the Websites, are non-confidential and are the sole property of The Town of High River along with any intellectual property rights associated therewith. The Town of High River shall own exclusive rights and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of these materials for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, and you hereby waive all right, including moral rights, associated with such materials.
The content and materials on the Websites are provided on an "as is" basis and without warranty, representation or condition of any kind, either express or implied including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. The Town of High River does not represent or warrant that content or materials available on the Websites are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. The Town of High River does not represent or warrant that the Websites or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the Websites will be available or accessible at any given time.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Town of High River shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with your use or access of the Websites or the content or materials contained in or accessed through the Websites.
As a User, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Town of High River, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and expenses for any information or content you provide on or through the Websites or any use or misuse of the contents or materials on the Websites including, without limitation infringement claims.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
Copyright © 2009 Town of High River. All rights reserved. All software, content and materials on the Websites including without limitation, programming to create web pages, text, logos, graphics, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips and any other media, are protected by copyright law and are owned and controlled by The Town of High River or by other parties that have licensed their material to The Town of High River. Content and material from the Websites or from any other Website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by The Town of High River may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified or distributed in any way without the express prior written permission of The Town of High River. The Town of High River ™, are trade-marks owned by The Town of High River. Other product and company names and logos appearing on the Websites may be registered or unregistered trade-marks of their respective owners. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as granting you a license to use the trade-mark or trade names displayed on the Websites, and as such, any use of such trade-marks or trade names is strictly prohibited unless otherwise stated.
- PRIVACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- GENERAL RULES
- Communications between human resources and potential employees, and any concerns arising from these communications are the sole responsibility of Users of the Websites.
- Removing or altering any material posted by other users on this site is strictly prohibited. Modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, reproducing, publishing, selling, transferring or licensing information on the Websites is prohibited.
- For your convenience, links to other Websites or resources not associated with the Websites are provided. Links to such Websites is not an endorsement of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third-party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
- These terms and conditions, including any changes made to the terms and conditions from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you and The Town of High River relating to your use of the Websites, and supersedes all previous agreements, written, oral or otherwise, between you and The Town of High River with respect to your use of the Website.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions are found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These terms and conditions ensure to the benefit of and are binding upon each of The Town of High River and its successors and assigns and related persons, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns, and personal representatives. You may not assign your rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without the express prior written consent of The Town of High River which may be withheld in The Town of High River’s sole discretion. The Town of High River may assign its rights and obligations without your consent.
No consent or waiver by either party to or of any breach or default by the other party in its performance of these terms and conditions will be deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.